seem to resemble an old married couple more and more with each
passing day. I think we ended up called it a night around 10:00. The sad thing is, my new brother in law Brad mentioned to us the next day that they didn't call us for games at around 11:30 because they figured we would be in bed... How were we to take that? However, that night being only my 6th to last night before I begin my
student teaching, (Who's counting?) I wanted to get some good, homework/lesson planning-less sleep. At any rate... I needed my sleep. Why you ask? Because for the first time in 2 whole years, I was going sledding:)Usually I am not a huge sledder. I am not frequently thought of as a daredevil. I don't love going fast, and I am especially scared of getting injured. Something about being a part of the NCAA and not being allowed to do winter sports...that could be it, I'm not sure. My overly cautious thought patterns usually play out a graph
ic scene in my mind of how it would look WHEN (not IF) I either get plowed over by a runaway tube or how I'll look with my body mangled in the snow once I fly out of my sled going 50
mph. Last year I had 2 knee surgeries- one for an obliterated ACL and the other to realign my kneecap. It wasn't pleasant and I do not wish to recreate. And since we are presently uninsured... That didn't however stop Paul from being a jump for Brad...
At any rate, we went to Aunt Margo's Hill and had a great time. And I have recaptured my title as the Fastest Skeleton-Style Sledder and also as the most graceful
Snow Angel Maker.Oh- and this is Paul's cousin Kaylee- her toes were cold. So now my gloves are on them.

On to the first part of the title... (Maybe that should have been first?)
I don't like puzzles. Or I didn't. My sister Melynne has always had a knack for them- she can put together a 500
piece puzzle in -no joke- 45 minutes. We have not actually timed her, but I am betting that is true. Me; on the other hand, it takes the better part of the day for me to do the same size as previously mentioned. Well, my mother-in-law says she puts together a puzzle every Christmas. She did last year when Paul and I were dating, and I helped for about 3
minutes while waiting for Paul to brush his teeth or something. This year I was in it for keeps. Turns out...my heart has been softened concerning puzzles. We put together one of Brigham City in about an hour and a half (ok so Lynnae did most of it-but I was consistent). That wasn't enough. The next day I went to DI and bought 2 more, one 500 pieces and the other 1000. We did them both before New Years (really we did them in less than 30 hours). Puzzle hater no more.I am not really looking forward to going back to the daily grind in 6 days (who's counting?) but I'll just keep repeating that student teaching is only 10 weeks. Only 10 weeks. Only 10 weeks....
To sum it all u
p- I have loved Christmas Break. I love my husband. I love my family, both old and new. I love Christmas. I know I've said it before- but it really doesn't get much better than this.
2 comments:
I am just like you. Not a dare-devil and a new-found lover of puzzles. Seems like a lot of people have a holiday puzzle tradition. It's looks like you have fun in-laws. And don't be ashamed of going to be early. You know I love my sleep so my friends plan things earlier for me. They'll get used to it.
Hooray! Looks like you are now fully in the know about this blog thing. I am so glad. I had fun reading your last several posts! Hey, I am a new puzzle-lover as well. And since we're on the subject, so is my mom. Ha! Anyway, your blog looks great and I am very excited to keep track of you and not have to catch up on everything at our annual (now) breakfast outing. We'll call you two for games soon! Oh, and one more thing (sorry this is such a long comment) Good luck with student teaching. You will do wonderfully and the kids will love you. I just know it. You are almost done!! But, if you ever get overwhelmed, just call me and I will tell you a funny joke or something. Okay, I can't promise to make you laugh, but call me anyway. I was in your shoes this time just last year and the trials and joys of student teaching are still very fresh in my mind.
That's all. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment