1/2/08

Good News Bad News....

Paul has spent the day working and I'm almost certain that there are plenty of things that I should be doing, however; this is my last day of Christmas Break. So the laundry and the bathroom will have to wait.

One time during a Field Experience or school, I heard a Reader's Theater called "Good News, Bad News." So I am going to recap 2007 in similar fashion.
January:
Bad news- Last year, on January 2nd, I woke up with the most unreal pain in my stomach and had to go to the ER. Parents insurance deductible not met yet.
Good news- Morphine.

February:
Bad news- I decided to get surgery on my left foot since I was already out for the year in track. It was seriously painful and I couldn't even have any visitors.
Good news- I got $1200 dollars for it since it was an experimental medication. Still, compensation was barely enough to make me forget the pain. However- I now have 2 fixed knees and 2 fixed feet. My dad once called me the Million Dollar Baby... I wonder why?

March:
Bad News: My grandpa passed away and we drove to Tennessee for the funeral. (in 2 days. 9 people in a car.)
Good News: My brothers and sisters and I actually enjoyed our trip together. It turned out to be the last one we took as just the King family.

April:
Bad News:
Good News: I turned 22 and finished the Spring semester.

May:
Bad News: I had to start a summer math class. Teaching Math for Elementary Teachers? How boring.
Good News: Paul turned 22 and I threw him a fun surprise party.

June:
Bad News: I started the month out in school, working as a Home Health Aide, teaching swimming lessons, and coaching a rec swim league. Everyday. It got a little hectic!
Good News: I passed my math class on the first try. And I was seriously tan. I love summer:)

July:
Bad News: Its the thick of summer soccer season and I am unable to play.
Good News: I'm still very tan, and teaching lost of swimming lessons. I made some really good friends with the people I taught. The Murphy's and I took our annual hike up to Timp Cave. Paul and I decided to get married.:) We also took a 3 hour trip with our friend Nick to Wyoming to buy *Ahem* legal fireworks.

August:
Bad News: School starts again.
Good News: Paul and I get engaged! I start my senior year of the Education program and finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....

September:
Bad News: Wedding plans... turns out they are kinda stressful. Especially when its school time!
Good News: Turns out I don't keep very good records. I'm sure September was very nice.

October:
Bad News: Wedding plans continue to be stressful!
Good News: I was able to go through the temple for the first time. It was such an awesome experience!

November:
Bad News: Stress. Serious. I don't think I'd ever choose to get married in the middle of the semester ever again.
Good News: Paul and I got married! We had the most amazing sealing ceremony, a delicious luncheon, and a beautiful reception. We were so touched at the display of love and support by our friends and family. By far my favorite part of the year. Oh, and BYU beat Utah. Always a good thing:)

December:
Bad News: It was cold and I'm not really a fan of the cold. We didn't make it to Temple Square this year because of it.
Good News: Everything. We got to spend our first Christmas together.

I think Paul should be getting home soon. Hopefully.

3 comments:

Jill said...

From what itlooks like, you have had more good news than bad...that is always a good thing! hopefully this new year will be even better.

Emily said...

I'm glad you made the rice pudding. And thanks for the comments on your changes. Hopefully others will read and take your advice since I wasn't quite sure what I did. And good idea with the brown sugar. I'm sure it added a nice richness. It's such a great thing to eat on a cold day.

melody said...

Good news: We loved having you two over for dinner and games.

Bad news: We lost Mad Gab.

Good news: We will have to have a rematch very soon!!!