1/26/08

Region Swim Meet and a NEW CAR!!!

Today was such an awesome day... Paul and I went to McKay's Region Swim Meet and he did SO well! Hopefully we'll get some video uploaded soon so you can all see just how awesome he is. He took first in all of his individual events and both of his relay teams won. His last relay (the 400 freestyle) was the most amazing relay that I've seen since Michael swam for high school. If I could even begin to touch the surface on how fun it was to watch, I would say that McKay swam the anchor leg, he was 3 body lengths behind when he dove in. By the 4th length of the pool he was neck and neck with the two swimmers ahead of him. McKay, "Serpiente de Agua" as Paul called him, came from behind and out-touched everyone for a first place finish. It was seriously awesome. Most people have no idea what goes on at a swim meet, but I can honestly say I've probably had some of my most heartbreaking moments ans some of my most joyful moments at swim meets. I'm kind of a groupie of my brothers and sisters:)

In addition, Paul and I have been looking for a new car that we could easily pay for and drive through grad school. We found a cheap little 2000 Ford Focus and we were able to drive away with less than his asking price. Know anyone that wants a cheap 1999 Dodge Neon?

Well, all in all, we've had a good weekend. Not much happens to us, really. I think Melody should post more pictures of Julia since we live vicariously through other people's children.

2 comments:

melody said...

Congrats on the new car! Isn't it nice to be done with the search?

Ha! You can come SEE Julia in person any time you want.

Emily said...

Congrats on the new wheels. I love a new ride. You have such a talented family with all the swimming and other sports that go on over there. Good for your brother.