The title of this post reminds me of a country song by Toby Keith...
"Like, go for a walk, say a little prayer,
take a deep breath of the mountain air.
Put on my glove and play some catch,
it's time that I make time for that.
Wade to shore, cast a line,
look up an old lost friend of mine.
Sit on the porch and give my girl a kiss. (In my case of course NOT a girl... my husband)
Start living, that's the next thing on my list.
Raise a little hell, laugh till it hurts,
put an extra five in the plate at church.
Call up my folks, just to chat.
It's time that I make time for that.
Stay up late, then oversleep.
Show her what she means to me.
Catch up on all the things I've always missed.
Just start living, that's the next thing on my list.
Over the past 9 weeks I feel like I've lost touch with a lot of things... friends, sleep, track, family, etc. I've had to put my life on hold to student teach, and sadly no one else did- my family continues to grow up; my brother just turned in his mission papers. My steady job was easily filled by other employees (I still have it though!) My friends have continued on in their lives, my husband continues to cook and do laundry and clean... So when I stop to think about all thats happened- I realize that life goes on. It always does. And for the better! I've learned a lot of things about myself not only as a teacher but as a person through this whole experience. I've actually liked it. However, my time is drawing to a close. Next week is my last week! It is scary to say, but I'm halfway worried about how to go back to "normal life". For the past few weeks I've been keeping a mental log of what I'll be doing after I'm done student teaching; which was the real reason for this post. Somehow it turned out a little deeper than anticipated. Here's my mental log jotted down:
1. Go on a Spring Break with Paul.
2. Organize the cupboards in my kitchen
3. File our taxes
4. Sell my old car
5. First and foremost should probably be to complete my Senior Project...
6. Actually make it to track practice
7. Clean out our "Spar Oom"
8. Spend more time with Paul and my family
9. Catch up with good friends I've lost touch with
10. Start taking some pictures again.
I haven't thought of what else I could possibly do in my spare time... the concept is boggling at the moment. I'll add more as it comes to me.
Oh and PS- I got called a klutz today. Could it have been because I shut my phone in my car door? And that now the screen only shows half of a text and the entire phone is in a shape resembling a banana?
1 comment:
Yay! Congrats on almost being done! That is great! Thanks for the the reassuring comments on our binky issue. No werries we caved. It isn't that big of deal... sometimes as a mom it is hard to follow your mommy instinct when there are so many other moms telling you what you 'should' be doing. I personally don't mind him having a bink to go to sleep with.... makes our lives much smoother! Yeah I was looking at Emily's blog and was amazed by her talent! I tried those lasagna rolls...mmm.... SO GOOD! Hope all goes well with your last week! Thanks again!
p.s. slamming your phone in the car door? You are a dork! BUt it takes one to know one....:)
Post a Comment