2/4/10

One more and one more in the making...

It took me a LONG time, but after some late nights at the sewing machine, I FINALLY got Larissa's birthday/Christmas gift done. Good thing she is such a good friend that a late gift doesn't bother her. She and her husband just moved back from Hawaii, so I thought it was only fitting to make her a Hawaiian quilt. (The material is straight from Hawaii- my parent's picked it up for me on their 25th wedding anniversary. Thanks Mom!)

And... I've decided to make a quilt for myself. I know. How selfish. But I'm loving the colors. Here they are getting prepped. I don't know when I'll have time to start this one, but I'm thinking Spring Break might work nicely.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

SOoo cute. Yes, we just finished our presentation and I should be organizing my room...I'm about to be prep-ing. I just LOVE your fabrics. And sorry, but it is NOT selfish to make your FIRST quilt for yourself when you make a BAZILLION for everyone else. TOTALLY necessary and I'm glad you are finally making one for ya'll to keep.

Cannegieter said...

You are so talented!!! Can I order one?

Jill said...

Such fun fabric!

Yes Marianne, you are SO selfish for wanting something beautiful and hand made for yourself...geez, should really work on "giving" a little more :)

Love the "Hawaii" quilt too by the way!

melody said...

Oh, the black is so beautiful in that quilt. Have fun making your OWN! I am about to take up sewing (borrowing my Mom's machine) and may need a tutorial one of these days? (Maybe in the summer when you have a little more time!?)

Jessica said...

can't wait to see your finished quilt! Love the colors.

Emily said...

Love, love, love the Hawaii quilt!! She's going to love it forever!!!

And I adore the blue and red fabrics, too!! They will look adorable in the Wonky quilt pattern! Can't wait to see it all worked up!

Emily said...

PS - I like your new background!

Larissa Chase said...

LOVE these colors. That is going to be gorgeous. By the way all you diligent "McAllisters" readers...Larissa LOVES the Hawaii quilt. She wears it around the house and uses it every single day. It makes her feel like she is at her little hale in Hawaii again...except for the fact that a blanket is actually needed. ;)