Bridger's quilt
Alex, Ruby, and Bennett's quilts... that's right...3. As in triplets. Emily told me that making 3 quilts might have given me insight into caring for 3 babies. On a good day. :) They are absolutely darling and I was so lucky to be able to spend some time with darling sleeping babies:)
As a side note, it was wonderful to see you three ladies + Julia, Gabe, Alex, Bennett, and Ruby. We missed you, Jill!
Morgan's Christmas quilt- During the summer I was teaching her how to make a quilt. Halfway through, we needed more fabric, but Joann's was out. The quilt project stopped there. Fast forward to drawing names for siblings. We keep it a secret in my family. Paul and I drew her. She made the announcement that whoever had her, she just wanted her quilt finished. Easy enough. This one was probably my favorite one to make and worked up the quickest and with the fewest mistakes. Probably because rag quilts HIDE all of the mistakes:)
Gabe's quilt. His was the first quilt I actually finished.
See Gabe now.
Probably one of the most darling babies I've ever seen.
I have one more I'm working on, but it definitely won't be finished before 2010.
Happy New Year!
6 comments:
wow you crazy girl!!
Those all look beautiful...I always say I'm going to make a quilt, maybe you have just given me some motivation :)
I love that picture of you and the twins, I wish I could have been there holding one of those sweet babies! Next year for sure!
What a year this has been!! Look at all you've accomplished! Good job!
The picture with you and the triplets wrapped up in the quilts is just adorable!! It must have been fun to all be together!
Baby Gabe is SOOO cute! And so is the green zipper flower in your hair! I had to click on the picture to see it up close!
I LOVE Morgan's quilt! The colors are really cute together.
What new hobby will 2010 bring for you? That is the real question...
Gabe is completely honored to have received your first quilt. We all love admiring it several times a day as it hangs above his crib. Thanks again for the sweet gift.
Oh, and we regularly snuggle in the yellow quilt you made for me almost ten years ago. Your handiwork is a big part of our lives!
I need lessons :)
Um, it's final-you definitely must assist me in Brightyn's quilt to be. All of your quilts are SOoo cute. I know I definitely want to make it the strip kind...if you know what i mean..you actually know and I don't. Let's be honest. Does her quilt have to match her crib or no?? Well if so-we just ordered a black crib..and I'm thinking of pink/lime green/and...some third color I haven't decided. I pretty much am going to have to have you come with me to Joann's. P.S. If it doesn't have to match the crib bedding...I don't know the drill--then I'm open to WHATEVER! I'm motivated-way to go superwoman!
Your quilts are so cute. Even CUTER with real babies wrapped up in them. Good work - way to stick with!
Post a Comment