6/11/09

Last Week of School

The "last week" of school has come and gone and we are very much enjoying our summer! I've got a "few" pictures to post, but not a whole lot is "going on"
(This is all for you, Emily)
Paul and I "running" the Memorial Day 5k (on his "birthday" no less.)
One of my "students" and I at the "Fun Run" I was the first teacher in! (followed "closely" by "Emily")
My "parents" came to school on the last day and make my kids a "pancake" breakfast! They loved it. It was the perfect way to say "goodbye"
Our last "mile run". After every run we would yell "Nike" (and some would fall down dead) after the Greek myth about the origin of the marathon (It's a cool story!) This is them yelling their last "NIKE" and me standing on a stool on top of a picnic table. Yikes.


The "best" news of all... Larissa is here! Her parents are leaving to "Chile" to be mission presidents at the end of this "month", so we'll take any time we can "get" with them!

4 comments:

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Fun post. I couldn't decide whether or not to post last day pictures due to privacy stuff..but come-on who is really going to get me on that, ya know?! But I love when you have new posts and I can't believe how often you run with your students. You are crazy and crazy in shape AND such a creative and fun-loving person! Your students LOVE you and you are a great teacher. Hope swimming lessons are going well... don't get too bored... I'm reading multiple books for the first time in my life... weird and looking for a summer job... so I know how the "not much going on" thing works. Rambling and bored :) Off to reading or cleaning! lol.

Emily said...

Thanks for the "personalized" post!!! I "loved" all the "quotes!" They were very "important" and all were "extremely" necessary! I also "loved" that your parents came to cook pancakes! What a "fun" memory you made with your "kids!" They'll "never" foget it!

Larissa Chase said...

YAY! I haven't even seen this yet. Can you please put me on your email update list so I get an email every time you post something new?