11/11/08

Not to shock you...

I know- two months without a post and then 2 in one day? I saw this on Emily's blog and I started thinking about it- it was nice to not think of school things for once! I decided to do it in school teacher fashion as best I could though...


I am - A 5th grade teacher.

I think - reverse psychology is a God send.


I want -to score well on my evaluation Thursday.


I have - 25 students.

I wish - I could keep my bookshelves organized Or anything organized for that matter.


I hate - after school meetings.

I miss - being able to see the sunshine.

I fear - that I won't get grades entered on time.


I feel - overwhelmed 95% of the time.


I hear - someone's watch going off. I've told them multiple times that it must go, but by the end of the day what 5th grader remembers to turn their watch alarm off so it doesn't drive their teacher crazy?
.

I smell - the lingering scent of 25 5th graders who are hit and miss with deodorant.


I search - for information on plotting graphs for tomorrow's math lesson.

I wonder -
If teaching will ever be easy:)

I regret - that I didn't talk to each one of my kids today.


I love - that I get to interact with 25 wonderful, kind,
beautiful children everyday, and that some of them leave me little notes all over my stuff.

I care - so much about my loved ones, it's hurts sometimes. I can't change this of Emily's. Its so true.

I always - lose my whiteboard markers. And then find them in my pockets at night.

I am not - a good multi-tasker.

I believe - in not asking stupid questions.

I dance - for my kids when they sing for the traveling show. They are the only people on this entire planet that truly believe that I can moonwalk. I think I tore my ACL last time I tried.

I sing - to myself in the car. On the way home from school.

I don't always -hold my tongue. Sometimes I have to apologize to 10 year olds. I hate that.


I write - on the whiteboard the daily schedule so I don't get, "Mrs. McAllister, what are we doing today?"


I win -#1 teacher award. The post it note from Table 2 on my computer says so.


I lose - Everything that enters my hands.


I never - finish my work day before 5.


I listen - to what my kids are saying to their peers. This is a scary world we live in.

I can usually be found - sitting at my desk from 8-6 every day :)

I'm scared -that my kids won't score well on the end of year testing. Stupid NCLB.

I read - my kids papers so I can decode who's handwriting is whose, because once again, they didn't put their name on their paper.

I'm happy about - going on a run while its still light out.

6 comments:

Abbie said...

Marianne, I love your blog! We should be blog buddies. I'm glad life is going so well for you! Love ya!

melody said...

Ha! Keep up the good work. Sounds like you have your hands full. I second the post-it note award. Can't wait to see you soon! (If not sooner, than on Dec. 23rd!)

Cannegieter said...

I'm glad to hear you are surviving!! I know you are doing an amazing job. Just remember to think more about all the right things you did!! You're wonderful!

Monica Jackman said...

Marianne "Man Hands" is this really you? I'm so thrilled you found my blog. Congrats on being a teacher. That is awesome that you are teaching- I will graduate in May with my eled degree and I swear it feels like I will never get to the point of actually teaching. Anywho, I'm glad to see all is well with you and Paul (tell him I say hello, even though is has been like 15 years or something) Reading your blog took me back to all those mornings of doing announcements and all the good times we had on council. Doesn't that feel like forever ago?

Unknown said...

HEY THIS IS WHITNEY (SHORE). THAT IS SO FUN THAT YOU ARE A 5TH GRADE TEACHER I BET YOU ARE SO GOOD! AND IM SURE THEY LOVE YOU! HOW FUN! JWHEMI.BLOGSPOT.COM

Brinn said...

Hey I need your address.... please?